10 March 2010

Through the Music



Those who know me well know that i really do enjoy music. Take a few minute and scroll through my Zune (cuz itunes aggravates me)and you'll find a vast variety of music.

Quick glance at the genres I have blues, celtic, gospel, goth, hip hop, indie-emo, jazz, jrock, regatone, reggae, and rock(to name a few). And all of it is Christian. While i enjoy the different mainline styles i also rather enjoy worship music. It's great stuff. Misty Edwards, Matt Gillman, Hillsong, etc. all of it great.

However, i'm struggling with Hillsong lately. Right now i'm listening to "This is Our God." with the exception of "Your Name High," "Healer," and With "Everything" I really can't tell when one song ends and the other begins. I don't know if that's due to exceptional musicians who can construct a song list with the right chord progressions so that things are seamless.... or is it because they don't have enough originality to make each song special in of itself.

Don't get me wrong, each song has fantastic lyrics. Lyrics are something that are HIGHLY important to me, however, for me to sit down and enjoy the album all the way through.... gets kind of boring.

Does anyone else have this issue?

Just curious.

by the way the pic at the top came from http://www.sxc.hu/photo/1109745

No comments:

Post a Comment